Monday, January 4, 2010

Why

Why can't I just say my dad is going to die this year and I want to spend some time with him before that happens?

Why can't I just say that, while my dad has my mom to lean on, my mom has no one and I want to be there for her?

Why can't I just say that I want to come home and shovel the snow and finish the floors and break up the arguments?

Why can't I just tell them that I love them and I want to be there for them?

Why can't I just understand that they'll never understand why I am the way I am and let it go?

Why can't I just do what I want without all of this other crap getting in the way?

Mom, Dad, I love you and I want to come home and support you during this difficult time. I'm not just doing this for you, I'm doing it for me, too. It's what I want, it's what I've been building up to for a long time. I'm ready now. And I really want to do this. Waddaya say?

No comments: