Friday, January 8, 2010

Fuckin Twitter again

Kriminey pickles, I love Twitter. It's love and lust. Like, I want to rip Twitter's clothes off and kiss every inch of it from head to toe. I want to get down on my knees and... er, sorry. My fingers said Twitter but my imagination said Rob Pattinson. Ahem. Where was I? Oh, right... pickles...

As you and I both know, because we are both me, I have not participated in #FollowFriday on Twitter since I changed to my @Bevikins account.

As @Befralee, Fridays became almost like high school for me. Hoping I'd get asked out. Not getting asked out. Trying too hard. Not trying at all. Up. Down. Tearing me apart bitchfest from hell. Er... I mean Twitter kinda ruined Fridays for me.

It was all seven days of the week that made me leave but, coming back with my tail between my legs, I wanted to do it different. Continuous improvements. It's who I am.

So, I decided instead that I would give shout outs when inspired to do so, and on any day of the week. When I started @Bevikins I decided that I would not do #FollowFriday because not being #FF'ed or "asked out" just hurt my feelings and I didn't want to do that to anyone else.

I realize now that I didn't account for how awesome it feels to be "asked out". I forgot how special it makes you feel to be the person that someone picked out of a crowd because they think you're special.

I forgot that there is always someone out there who thinks more of you than you realize. It's a scientific fact. I'm pretty sure.

So I'm going to start giving an #FF mention to one or two people that really drove up my smile count during the given week. Because making them feel good makes me feel good.

Yep.

No comments: