Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reasons I'm looking forward to moving home

It's been 14 years since I left home. Actually, at this time 14 years ago, I had yet to seriously consider moving to BC - it was in May that I first thought of going and I was there three weeks later. And in all of this time I have seriously considered moving home once or twice, only to find the answer in a resounding HELL NO!

And here I am. Oddly excited. Maybe because I am confident that I can actually live with these people again. Even though the thought of living with my two foster brothers is somewhat disconcerting, as is the fact that it might be years before I get to have another really good nude day, overall I think this is a good thing.

So, here you go...

Top 10 Reasons I'm Looking Forward to Moving Home (in no particular order):

1. I get to spend time with my dad... whatever time he has left, I will be there

2. I get to help my mom stay sane... relatively, of course... I doubt I can reverse the damage that's already been done

3. I get to live my life for someone other than myself for the first time in a very very long time

4. I don't have to worry about cooking or groceries or any of that girl stuff. I'll still do it to help out, but it won't be my responsibility - thanks, Mumsie!

5. I will spend lots of time with my wonderful grandmother, whom I neglect far, far too much

6. I am going to take piano lessons! And join basketball or baseball or some other sport that I have always dreamt of yet been too afraid to get involved in

7. My dad has one of those systems where you can convert records and cassettes into MP3s and I'm going to download all my folks' records onto my iPod! (so excited!!)

8. I might, might, might be able to get some semblance of control over this financial mess I've made during the past two years of "finding myself"... a.k.a. unemployment

9. I will get to go to my nephew, Aaron's bar shows with his new band Polina. I will get to go to my other nephew, Brandon's musical in February, and his high school graduation. I will get to spend time with them and they better not ignore their elderly Aunt Beverly

10. It will be new and I love new: new surroundings, new job, new friends, new challenges, new life! I love that my future is completely unknown... I don't know how long I'll be there, I don't know what I will do when -or even if- I leave... I find that extremely exciting!

No comments: