Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Intent

I wrote this for my Tumblr but I'm deleting it off of there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So someone wrote something extremely similar to something I wrote a long time ago and it ended up on the leaderboard.

All the way. Like top top leaderboard!

Was harm intended? I am reasonably certain she doesn’t even know I exist.

Did this person intentionally go through my old tweets and pick out one she liked because she wanted to steal from me? I highly doubt it.

I. Highly. Doubt. It.

Plagiarize –verb (used with object)

1. to take and use by plagiarism
2. to take and use ideas, passages, etc., from another’s work

To take and use. To TAKE. That would imply intent.

I commented on it because I thought it was cool. Something I once said is on the leaderboard. That means if I had more than 193 followers (which I do not) I might have gotten 90 stars in 7 hours (instead of 44 stars in two months) and would have probably ended up on the leaderboard, too.

I commented on it because plagiarism is basically the latest meme/scandal and I was making a joke! You know? Like on Twitter? Where we make jokes? All day long??

IT WAS A JOKE! NO HARM WAS DONE!!!!!

So, whatever, people! Chill out! You’re ruining my happy party!

Damn it!!!!!

Now I’m going to have to go get drunk and throw my body on top of the first man I see so I can celebrate. I might get pregnant with some stranger’s baby and end up homeless because… well, I’m already homeless. Or I might get a disease! Or I might… have an orgasm. Hmm… that migh- No, that’s not the point.

Look at all of this drama!

You couldn’t just let me have a little giggle?

Damn it.

Where’s my stupid wine glass? ;-)

(Just for clarification: this, too, is a joke. I kid. It’s what I do.)

No comments: