Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Why don't you make like a tree and leave?"

It's time. The goodbyes have been said, the tears have dried, there's nothing left to do but go. It's been good. I'm ready. Tomorrow I hit the road.

Did I ever mention how everything always comes together? Is that just for me? Do I have some kind of karma? Or is it all attitude?

Everything turns out for the best. The moving company picked up my stuff on Tuesday. I'm taking everything except the stuff in the bedroom. Fabian took that yesterday. The bed went to Kirk & Kathy. I think he kept the desk and dresser for himself. All the stuff coming with me is by the door, apartment is empty and clean. I'm on Stacey's sofa bed, spending one night longer than intended in BC.

This has been an amazing time for me. I have seen *almost* everyone that I wanted to see (not Marg/Ian or Harry/Jane). I spent some time with Sheena, had dinner with Rebecca, went out one night with Julie, Nicola, Stacey and Gayleen, went to dinner with Jacquie & Debbie, lunch with Jim Quinn, one last Bev & Stacey day, made out a bit with Fabian, went to Julie's for dinner and Stacey took me to Red Robin for my birthday yesterday.

I have remembered that strange and wonderful girl who drove into Richmond 13 1/2 years ago. I have been thankful for the part of her that is now gone, and even more thankful for the part of her that remains.

I have revelled in my freedom, enjoyed living solely for me, celebrated my life here and planned what comes next.

The fun part is the stuff you can't plan. I am excited to go. Excited by the possibilities. By the challenge that I face. I'm excited to see what happens next.

No comments: