Sunday, October 11, 2009

"It's no use carrying an umbrella if your shoes are leaking"

I'm not a big fan of goodbyes. I was thinking on the way home from having Thanksgiving at the Dyck's.

I'm all about the attention. I get a kick out of telling people my plans. I enjoy getting feedback and advice. I love get-togethers and I'm making a point to see everyone in BC who has been a part of my life here. I'm even glad I saw Karl and Jenny back in August. I like to remember, to think about the girl who drove into Richmond 13 years ago. I am awed by the experiences I have had here and the growth has been so difficult and so easy on this ever-curving path of mine. Every place I have been and everyone I have known are a part of me now. That is something that will never change.

Yet I don't like to say goodbye. The tears spring forth, I guess. Must avoid that. Thanks, Mom.

No comments: