Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Self Knowledge is Like Lost Innocence"

Today I was watching a special on PBS called something like 'What is the right thing to do'. JusticeHarvard.org. I think it was actually a series of philosophy lectures from Harvard. It was really interesting. He spoke about morals and how we base our decision making on the perceived outcome of a situation sometimes and other times the outcome is based on the morality of the act itself. Very interesting.

I am bothered somewhat by the fact that I have already forgotten the terminology. The second was called categorical decision making, the other escapes me. Hmm.

Anyway, I was reminded of who great my urge to learn has become. I thirst for knowlege. About everything and anything. The problem is, so overwhelmed by choices, ideas and possibilities, I rarely settle for anything. Must work on my focus a bit.

No comments: