Friday, December 25, 2009

I think I like me

Andrew and I had a mini-debate tonight and I realized something about myself - I believe in yes. I look for the good. I like that about me.

With regards to something that I have no idea about and never could know for sure (i.e. the reason for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to adopt all of those children), I am quite comfortable assuming the best. Andrew kept talking about how they "bought" the kids and they are attention whores and blah, blah, blah. And I said that I have no idea why they did it and I will believe that they did it with best intentions for doing good, for helping those less fortunate, for leading the way for other people to do the same. I don't know if that's why they did it. But, unless I learn otherwise, that's what I choose to believe.

It's all about your outlook. You can sit there and shit on someone, you can look for all the bad that's in the world, you can call it "realistic" but it's not. If you wonder why everyone's an asshole, why life sucks, why nothing ever goes your way, perhaps it's time to change your point of view. It is a choice. And I choose the good.

No comments: