Thursday, November 26, 2009

What I am thankful for

It's Thanksgiving in the states - Twitter is all about the thank yous today - so I thought I would drop a few words about what I am thankful for.

First and above all, I am thankful to be alive. Not that I thought I would not be alive at this point but, until a couple of years ago, I really didn't care much one way or the other. And not having the balls to drive off a cliff actually pissed me off quite a bit so I'm glad those days are behind me.

Secondly, I'm thankful for my sister. Back in the day I would tell her that every dollar I gave her was an investment in my future because she was going to have to take care of me when I'm old. Neither of us thought it would happen so soon.

I'm thankful for my family, and this year Dad has to go front and centre on this one. You know why and I don't feel like crying right now so I'll leave it at that.

I'm thankful that I still have a wee bit of credit left to live on till I find a job. It's gonna have to be one fucking hell of a job to get this paid off, though.

I'm also thankful that there is nothing that I'm not thankful for. My life is still in transition mode and I'm excited to see where all of this leads me.

No comments: