Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Soulwaffle

I found this challenge on www.soulpancake.com

"Write an impassioned sonnet. (Remember: 14 lines of 10 syllables written in iambic pentameter with an ABAB CDCD EFEF GG rhyme scheme.) Post you opus here."

So, I tried it. This is what I wrote. It's okay... no Willy Shakes or nothin' but whatchgonnado?

********************************************

Now that my soul breathes with passion again
And my spirit explodes from within me
I'll speak of the pain that poisoned me then
And of the person it caused me to be

A lifetime of shame, of tears and sorrow
Hiding behind a wall of indifference
Never able to think of tomorrow
When surviving today didn't make sense

A prisoner of my mind, my private hell
Believing that I'd never be set free
Suddenly life pushed, I stumbled and fell
And on the ground I discovered the key

Reach out for help, find a way to survive
The best part of life is being alive

No comments: