Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bad day, friend?

I sent a message to a fellow twit earlier. I could tell he was having a bad day and I wanted to reach out (as I always *want* but rarely *do*).

This was his reply:
"Thanks. Havin a shit day. But I been following ur story, so I know it's a big world fulla crap for many these days. Chin up, boobs out, eh?"

Is that what they see? It made me laugh a little because my first thought was 'I love my life'. Yeah, I have stresses... it makes things so much more interesting. I'm actually happy to have a little stress again; I'm so damn laid back now. Let's face it, if I didn't exaggerate that stress a little, I'd have nothing to say at all. The nice me is pretty easy to get along with. But a wee bit boring, I have to admit. Quite frankly, other than a bit of PMS last week, the roughest part of my life right now is a slow internet connection and procrastinating about finding a job... which is not really what I would consider a panic situation at this point in the game.

I bitch on Twitter because that's what you do on there. In the beginning I talked about how awesome life is and no one got it. It's the whining and bitching that is funny... no one wants to hear about the good stuff.

That's actually where my little "Miss Positivity" bit came from... because it was the good stuff that the voice inside my head said when something bothered me. But straightforward, it sounded all sunshine and roses (a.k.a. fake); it had to be presented sarcastically to be funny. So I still say it... I just put a different spin on it now.

No comments: