Friday, September 18, 2009

My condolences

I'm trying to write a note to someone from my hometown (whom I did not really know but small town, friend of friends, she's on my facebook, etc) because I just heard that her brother (who I also didn't know well... it was 20 years ago!) committed suicide.

I want to say something that will make it better. I want to tell her that everything is going to be okay, because I honestly believe that it will be okay - but I also know that, in a way, it will never be okay again.

I want to reach out to this person that I don't even know because I want to help. I know there is no magic phrase that will make it all go away but I want to try... to ease it. What can I possibly say?

This is why I usually say nothing...


Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen

No comments: