Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bob

His name is Bob.
Bob is the mood-swing-king.
Bob is all joking,
all teasing,
funny, ha, ha, ha...
and then BOOOM!
It all turns around.
And I am at fault.
Bob got mad at me because
I was speaking in the kitchen
while he was in the living room.
Bob got mad at me because
I like my water refrigerated and cold
even though "it doesn't say
on the instructions
that the new water dispenser
needs to go in the fridge".
Bob got mad at me because
I said "Brenda Murphy
won $10,000 on a scratch ticket"
because Bob didn't know
who Brenda Murphy is,
even though he does.
Nothing is good enough,
no one is fast enough
smart enough
enough enough
for Bob.
Bob is my father.
And if you ask me
why I had self-esteem issues
my whole life.
His name is Bob.

2 comments:

Magnus said...

You write very well. You have to mention me in the credits of you first book. And, of course, send me a copy.
Maybe I fly over for the relese party. Then the first beer is on me.

Big hug
-Magnus-

Seriously said...

You will be flown first class by my publisher... guest of honour all the way! ;-)

(and thanks)